Washington Logistics Manager
Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) seeks a Logistics Manager to oversee logistics for Washington-based courses. The Logistics Manager manages specific portions of the programming including: on-site logistical supervision, vehicle fleet management, gear care and inventory management, supervision of the cook and Logistics team, oversight of the purchase of staff and student food, and general basecamp operations. In addition, the Logistics Manager is an integral member of the Washington Administration Team, providing basecamp leadership, course and staff support, and on-call duties.
7 month contract from approximately April 1 to October 31, 2020.
Application open in November. Interviews begin in December. Work offers announced January-February or until position is filled.
- Bachelor degree* and 2-3 years of experience in the outdoor education/experiential learning field or any similar combination of education and experience. *Substantial experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Outward Bound or other wilderness expeditionary experience (OB, NOLS multi-day course, or equivalent).
- Management experience.
* See job description for complete responsibilities and requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
- 7-month, salaried position (~April 1 – October 31 yearly)
- Annual salary range $30,000 - $36,000 prorated for 7 month contract length ($17,500 - $21,000)
- Meals and housing provided.
- All positions qualify to participate in our gear discount program and course tuition discounts.
About Northwest Outward Bound School
With over 50 years of innovation in experiential and outdoor education in the Pacific Northwest, Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) continues to change lives through challenge and discovery. Our transformative and educational wilderness courses are set in some of the most dramatic and stunning parts of the United States. NWOBS was founded in 1965 and facilitates wilderness-based programs in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and also serves urban youth and schools in the Portland metropolitan area. As an Outward Bound school, we are committed to the core values of compassion, integrity, excellence, equity, inclusion and diversity, and strive to achieve the following outcomes: building character, developing leadership skills, and creating an ethic of social and environmental responsibility.