Risk management planning is critical for any organization taking students or participants into remote environments or outdoor settings. This 2-day training will help you build a targeted action plan to improve the quality of your risk management practices and help you quantify where your program is strong on risk management and identify the potential areas for growth.
OUTCOMES AND BENEFITS TO YOUR PROGRAM
• Learn a structured approach to designing a risk management plan.
• Analyze your approach to risk oversight, curriculum, staff hiring and training, field support services, and emergency planning.
• Participate in exercises to help you evaluate your approach to staffing, contracting, and serious incident response.
TOOLS YOU'LL RECEIVE
• Risk Management Action Plan Workbook
• NOLS Crisis Management Template and NOLS Wilderness Medicine Protocol Package
• Resource examples and templates, including a risk release, health form, orientation checklist, transportation policy, and more.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE YOUR RISK MANAGEMENT PRACTICES? This self-assessment tool can help you answer that question. Could you use some support?
Complete application and email or fax to NOLS Risk Services.