February 15-16, 2020
- Gain critical knowledge of best practices in outdoor program risk management
- Learn procedures, systems and plans essential to meeting key outdoor safety standards
- Understand how to apply successful risk management strategies to adventure programs, experiential education, wilderness expeditions, and outdoor trips
- Risk Management Planning
- Emergency and Incident Management
- Equipment, Staff, and Program Areas
- Activity Selection
- Participant Management & Medical Screening
- Providers (Subcontractors)
- Risk Management Standards
- Safety and Incident Reviews
- Safety Culture & Systems Thinking
- And Much More
Program Coordinators/Managers, Risk Management officers, Risk Management/Safety Committee members, members of Boards of Directors, executive leadership, Teachers leading or assisting outdoor programmes
Hands-on experiential format including case studies, presentations, and seminar discussions. Extensive written materials provided, including best practice standards, templates, sample procedures, and information on further resources.
From Viristar Risk Management. Valid for three years.
Jeff Baierlein, Director, Viristar Risk Management; past Executive Director at Outward Bound USA
劉嘉麗 Kalai Lao, ELP Coordinator, ISF; past programme manager & staff trainer, Outward Bound Hong Kong
Written materials in English and traditional Chinese. Presentations in English with partial Cantonese interpretation as needed.
$3400 HKD per person for groups of 5 or more. $3900 HKD individual registration. Includes: instruction, all activities, written course materials including a copy of the textbook Risk Management for Outdoor Programs: a Guide to Safety in Outdoor Education, Recreation and Adventure, and two lunches.
Register online at https://www.viristar.com/risk-management-course-hk-feb-2020