Are you seeking a summer of meaningful work? Are you someone who has found the outdoors to be inspiring, working with kids to be impactful, and finding your community to be life-changing? Are you looking for an employer who values you as an individual, recognizing your gifts and talents and inviting you to use them every day? Come spend your summer guiding youth through outdoor adventures!
We have programs in California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Maine, Minnesota, and Massachusetts. This application is your one stop shop to all positions in Avid! We are looking for staff for a variety of specialties and programs including:
- Day Camps, Residential Overnight Camps, and Outdoor Expeditions
- Sport specific programs including Climbing, Mountain Biking, Hiking, Water Sports (including kayaking and paddleboarding), Backpacking, and Multi-Sport Outdoor Expeditions
- Program equipment and logistics coordination
Don’t have experience in one of the above areas but are passionate about the outdoors? We’d still love to consider you! We can’t wait to talk with you about a good fit this summer after you apply.
Why Avid4 Adventure?
- We were again voted by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work.
- We are the only summer camp in the world that is a Certified B Corp (Benefit Corporation).
- We truly live by our Core Values.
- We are committed to improving inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity both internally and in the outdoor industry as a whole. You can learn more about our JEDI commitments and progress here.
- Benefits – Access to affordable health insurance, access to free gear, discounted pro deals on gear, professional development, public transportation reimbursement to/from camp, and more!
- Compensation -We offer compensation packages based on role, location, certifications, and job duties. You can read more about our pay and bonus structure here.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of camp; some positions require at 21 years of age based on position requirements
- Demonstrated professional/volunteer experience with you and/or demonstrated skills and knowledge in our program areas strongly preferred
- Minimum of Basic First Aid & CPR certification by the start of camp (and we can point you in the right direction to get this done)
- Additional certifications and experience may be required for specific roles
- Schedule dependent on position and programs
- This is a seasonal position, training starts in late May/early June and camp runs through mid-August. For specific dates and details on each location & program, please click here.
READY TO JOIN THE TEAM??
We understand your time is valuable which is why we have a simple, 3-minutes or less, mobile-friendly application. We also like to be transparent about our interview process so here is what you can expect after you apply:
- Step 1: Complete a one-way video interview and submit three references (personal and/or professional)
- Step 2: 20-minute live virtual interview
- Final decision!!
This process moves quickly so be ready to hear from us shortly after you submit your application.