Position Summary: Supervise and provide support to trips and tripping staff both on and off of camp. Assist in the 24-hour supervision of 5-24 girls in grades 2-12. Organize and implement program activities, as well as uphold all policy, procedures, and safety standards for the wellbeing of staff and girls. Exhibit good role model behavior with campers and staff.
- Coordinate with outfitters, vendors, and campgrounds providing programming for off-site programs along with required transportation.
- Organize equipment and meals for off-site trips.
- Provide administrative oversight and support to overall camp functions.
- Be responsible for maintaining the health and safety of campers both in camp and off-site on field trips.
- Train and supervise staff to lead adventure trips both on and off of camp that include but are not limited to (Guides will be provided in some program areas)
- Rock Climbing
- White Water Rafting
- Horseback Riding
- Prepare and conduct pre-camp and in-service staff trainings.
- Oversee set-up of trip equipment and assist with pre and post season inventories and storage of equipment for winter.
- Maintain and assure appropriate adult to girl ratios with groups.
- Teach skills necessary to help the camper live comfortably in the outdoor setting and promote a sense of responsibility toward the preservation of natural resources.
- Supervise and assist with cleaning, sanitation, and care of supplies, equipment, and property.
- Help each girl learn to respect the rights of others and appreciate herself and others.
- Ensure implementation of Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Submit or place orders for equipment and /or supplies when necessary, ensuring timely arrival of materials.
- Interpret and enforce State Standards and the Girl Scouts Safety Activity Checkpoints, and American Camps Association Accreditation Standards
- Prepare, review, and submit records and requested reports on time.
- Comprehend and implement safety guidelines and emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Camp Director.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Ability to lift 40lbs.
- First Aid/CPR preferred but not required.
- Leadership abilities to coordinate and supervise staff, campers, and activities.
- Experience with camping, outdoor cooking, and other outdoor recreational activities.
- Experience in teaching, guiding, and working with children.
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license for at least one year. Valid driver’s license, compliance with the council’s policy of automobile insurance limits, and a driving record that meets the requirements for coverage of the council’s business auto insurance carrier.
- Willingness to subscribe to the philosophy of the Girl Scout program and enroll as a Girl Scout member.
- Comfort and ability to live, sleep, and work in a rustic outdoor environment with irregular hours.
- Physical demands and work environment regularly require the employee to walk, hike, and work outdoors in wooded areas and on uneven natural paths.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please click on link provided to apply at GSWISE careers.