Adventure Trip Leader
Preferred Dates: May 15th - August 12th, 2023
Location: Camp Chief Ouray (overnight camp of YMCA of the Rockies, located on the property of Snow Mountain Ranch in Granby, Colorado)
Position Summary: The Trip Leader is responsible for leading, coordinating, and supervising in-camp activities and out of camp trips (Adventure, Trekker and Leadership Training programs). These groups typically consist of 8-10 campers. Adventure programs may include backpacking, mountain biking, horsepacking, rafting or some combination. Trekker programs may include hiking, backpacking, climbing, or surfing. Minimum of 21 years of age and have a clean driving record. Experience teaching leadership skills in a wilderness setting preferred. Previous experience leading wilderness trips and/or student experience with NOLS, Outward Bound, or similar programs preferred.
Why Work at Camp: Working at Camp Chief Ouray will help you develop and fine-tune skills that all employers look for; communication, collaboration, creativity, problem solving and critical thinking to name just a few. Hiring consists of us learning about your prior experiences and how you have put another’s needs before your own. Once hired, your success is our success. We are in this together and want to help you realize your best self.
Benefits for Camp Chief Ouray Staff:
- Weekly pay, $556/week
- Room and board
- Laundry on-site
- CPR/First Aid and/or Wilderness First Aid certification
- Diverse and global experiences
- Welcoming and inclusive team environment
- Free and/or discounted program rental
- Close proximity to Rocky Mountain National Park and additional outdoor recreation areas
- Discount on summer camp registration for immediate family members
- Transportation funding support to get to camp