Are you seeking a summer of meaningful work? Are you passionate about rock climbing and want to inspire kids to find that same love for outdoor adventures? Are you looking for an employer who values you as an individual, recognizing your gifts and talents and inviting you to use them every day? Then you are the perfect fit for Avid4 Adventure!
Why Avid4 Adventure?
- We were again voted by Outside Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work.
- We are the only summer camp in the world that is a Certified B Corp (Benefit Corporation).
- We truly live by our Core Values.
- We are committed to improving inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity both internally and in the outdoor industry as a whole. You can learn more about our JEDI commitments and progress here.
- Benefits – Access to affordable health insurance, access to free gear, discounted pro deals on gear, professional development, public transportation reimbursement to/from camp, and more!
- Compensation – Compensation – Hourly rates start at $24/hour but increase with additional experience and certifications. Read more about our compensation structure here.
We are hiring Climbing Program Specialists for the following locations:
- Mill Valley
- Menlo Park
We have Climbing Program Specialist positions available at multiple program locations across the US. If you’re interested in being considered for other locations – be sure to let us know!
In this role you will
- Co-lead groups of up to 13 campers in age and developmentally appropriate instruction with outdoor activities including rock climbing, Leave No Trace principles, and teambuilding.
- Set top ropes and releasable rappels without supervision; gear management, inventory, and daily inspection
- Depending on your camp location, you may also spend a couple days supporting mountain biking instruction along with program co-leaders (advanced mountain biking skills and knowledge not required)
- You may be asked to also instruct paddling and climbing – training will be provided!
- Serve as a role model and guide campers by exhibiting appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities.
- Follow and educate campers on safety protocols to ensure the safety and wellbeing of participants.
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by the start of camp
- Personal and/or professional climbing experience required; must have thorough knowledge of common climbing knots and climb technical skills
- +1 years of experience working with kids in a professional or volunteer setting preferred
- Must enjoy spending time with kids and having fun!
- Minimum of Basic First Aid & CPR certification by the start of camp (and we can point you in the right direction to get this done)
- Typically Monday – Friday, about 40 hours/week program depending
- Mandatory training begins May 27; camps run May 5 through August 4-11, program depending
READY TO JOIN THE TEAM??
We understand your time is valuable which is why we have a simple, 3-minutes or less, mobile-friendly application. We also like to be transparent about our interview process so here is what you can expect after you apply:
- Step 1: Complete a one-way video interview and submit three references (personal and/or professional)
- Step 2: 20-minute live virtual interview
- Final decision!!
This process moves quickly so be ready to hear from us shortly after you submit your application.