BEST. JOB. EVER.
$90 per day
Special Project, Full-Time – scheduled to work June 19, 2023 – August 25, 2023
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
OMSI Camp Counselors are a passionate team of mentors and youth leaders committed to providing transformative overnight summer camp experiences. Counselors are in charge of small groups of campers in cabins at either the Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray (in Newport, Oregon) or at Hancock Field Station (near Fossil, Oregon).
In addition to supervising campers in nearly every activity and aspect of camp, this position also takes on support roles like camp assistant in the dining hall, light cleaning, bus or van monitoring, and assisting team members with activities and lessons. Work schedule depends on programming needs. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
You must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation under the ADA for medical or religious reasons.
- Be at least 16 years of age by June 1st
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to follow instructions and contribute to a positive team dynamic
- Ability to communicate and direct small and large groups
- Flexibility in weekly schedules and daily programming
- Current or ability to obtain an Oregon Food Handler’s Card
- Current or ability to obtain Adult/Child First Aid and CPR/AED certifications
- Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background checks, reference checks, and American Camp Association (ACA) background checks
- Competitive health benefits
- Housing and meals provided during programming
- Sick pay
- Free OMSI annual membership
- Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – valid for two free general admissions to 23 Oregon attractions.
All are welcome at OMSI.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, citizenship status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our process as we build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can better reflect and serve our community. We strongly invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to diversity.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.edu/join-our-team/careers/work-with-omsi-outdoors/
Position closes when filled.