Imagine working with a group of individuals- each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
For generations Girl Scouts have enjoyed day camp on the shores of pristine Lucas Lake at Camp Silver Brook. Once a private resort, the camp located just outside West Bend Wisconsin, hosts a full summer of outdoor fun and memories. Girls spend their days swimming, boating, cooking over a fire, engaging in STEM activities, playing sports and games, earning badges acknowledging their skill development and more. With one overnight a week day campers get a taste of camp night life. On Saturday troops get a chance to enjoy much of the same fun offered at day camp. With most of your nights free you can explore the quaint community of West Bend. Located a short distance from Milwaukee you have access to multiple summer festivals, shopping, museums, restaurants and more on the weekend.
Position Summary: Implement safety standards, procedures, policies for the health and safety of campers and to exhibit good role model behavior with campers. Assist with program implementation with a focus on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Seasonal position: June 1 - August 15, 2020. Weekly salary of $290 plus room and board. Camp not in session each Sunday, and July 2 - 5.
- Supervise campers’ participation in structured and unstructured activities.
- Be responsible for maintaining the health and safety of campers.
- Know each girl in the unit, helping her to learn to respect the rights of others and understand and appreciate herself and others.
- Ensure implementation of Girl Scout program and badge earning activities.
- Implement various evening, overnight and Saturday programming.
- Experience in teaching, guiding and working with children.
- Willingness to subscribe to the philosophy of Girl Scouts and enroll as a member.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Comfort and ability to live, sleep, and work in a rustic outdoor environment with irregular hours.
- Physical demands and work environment regularly require the employee to walk, hike, and work outdoors in wooded areas and on uneven natural paths.
Equal Opportunity Employer