Job Title: Executive Director
The Executive Director will plan, implement, oversee, and direct the safe operation of the Nature’s Classroom
program at locations (Host Sites) across New England.
This is a unique, multi-faceted opportunity to provide a profound and lasting impact on thousands of school
We are seeking an Executive Director, with strong management, leadership, problem-solving, and excellent
interpersonal skills to lead, manage, coordinate, and deliver a safe program at a multi-location enterprise. The
Executive Director would preferably have past summer camp or outdoor education experience and must be a
highly organized visionary capable of supervising leadership staff at multiple sites, and supporting leadership
staff in providing a positive experience to students and teachers.
During the school year season, the Executive Director will lead, support, and manage the leadership team and
work closely with the Program Director, the Program Coordinators at each site, and the Sales Manager. The
Executive Director will also work closely with each Host Site’s leadership to maintain and foster excellent
collaborative relationships with each location. The Executive Director will also foster a collaborative and
supportive work environment Nature’s Classroom on-site teaching and leadership. The ideal candidate must be
familiar with a fast-paced, dynamic environment, have strong people and problem solving skills, and have the
ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
During summer and winter, the Executive Director is responsible for evaluating feedback from staff, students,
and educators, and working with the Program Director and Program Coordinators to enhance the student
experience for future seasons. The Executive Director is responsible for annual sales and participation targets
and working with the finance team.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Provide comprehensive support services to the Program and Sales Directors.
● Manage Host Site Agreements and relationships.
● Ensuring that schools have a safe and positive experience for all students and adults.
● Overseeing staff, curriculum, and overall program delivery improvements at all Host Sites, to increase
school retention, program growth, and positive program impact.
● Target a 90% school retention rate across all Host Sites combined, for the calendar year.
● Obtain the staff hiring goals for seasonal roles and medical staff across our programs by March 1st for
the spring season, and by August 30, for the fall season.
● Prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot issues during the day.
● Support leadership with internal and external communications.
● Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and documentation
● Collaborate with, and help manage the Health Care Director during the winter for the spring, and during
the summer for the fall programs, to ensure training, materials, and standards for the program are met
and implemented at all Host Sites, for each spring and fall.
● Schedule regular Host Site visits to meet with Host Site leadership to improve relationships and meet
PC and teaching staff in collaboration with the Program Director.
● Supervise supply and equipment purchases during the winter months for the spring program, and
during the summer months for the fall programs.
● Working with the Program Director, support the Program Coordinators at each center. Schedule winter
training for the spring season, and summer training, for the fall season.
● Keep detailed notes and daily usage of Hubspot for email correspondence between educators and
● Complete Time-Management Training.
● Manage the Outreach Team along with the Assistant Exec. Director and the Program Director.
● Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent life experience
● 3-5 years managing residential youth programs in a year-round capacity
● Experience developing educational curriculum and training staff
● Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]