Facilities Building Specialist
Facilities Building Specialist
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5080
Location: Facilities Administrative E&G
Appointment: regular, full-time, non-exempt
Position Summary: Establish and maintain a clean and sanitized area for the campus community in the academic and residential buildings. Oral and verbal communication required. Read and write work orders, follow safety procedures. Assist other staff when needed. Provide ample customer service for clients in the building they serve. Be alert for unsafe conditions and report to supervisor and Security Services.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Communicate with the students about expectations; communicate with them to establish a relationship of trust and mutual respect.
• Communicate with faculty and meet their individual needs in the classrooms and offices.
• Communicate with supervisor verbally and in writing.
• Communicate and work with other university staff or university committees as needed.
• Help direct parents and answer questions as needed.
• Help alumni with directions to locations on campus, or provide equipment as requested.
• Required to do team cleaning when requested.
• Flexibility to change normal routine and cover other areas as coverage is required.
• Ability to lift/carry 51-75 pounds.
• Ability to push/pull 11-20 pounds.
• Required to participate when team cleaning is required to complete a job.
• Description of job tasks:
• Restroom cleaning and maintenance
• Clean showers
• Classroom maintenance
• Cleaning offices
• Trash removal
• Cleaning windows
• Sweeping & mopping floors
• Buffing floors
• Cleaning stair wells
• Clean building entrances
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Washington State driver's license.
• 1 year of experience.
• Basic knowledge of housekeeping, floor care and carpet care.
• Knowledge of chemical and dilution ratio.
• Experience with carpet extractor, vacuums, automatic floor scrubber and buffers (high and low speed) desirable.
• Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
Compensation and Benefits: $13.50/hr DOE
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
• Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
• We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
• We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
• We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1738227
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.