Girl Scouts Summer Camp Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Assistants will work under the guidance of the Head Cook to ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational and will assist in serving three meals per day/seven days per week. Kitchen Assistants will prep food, dispose of trash, clean, prepare the Dining Hall, and wash dishes and kitchen linens. The position will also be responsible for maintaining PA Food Safety standards for the duration of employment.
The Assistant Cook will work under the guidance of the Head Cook to ensure that food is cooked safely and provided to campers on time. The Assistant Cook also works in conjunction with the Head Cook to keep supply inventories organized, ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational, and will assist in serving three meals per day, seven days per week, during our camp season. The position will also be responsible for maintaining PA Food Safety standards for the duration of employment.
- Ensure that the camp’s food service operations are carried out in a manner which meets federal, state, and local health standards.
- Clean and sanitize all food preparation areas, preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen/dining hall areas as required, including disposal of refuse.
- Assist in the preparation of food as menu indicates and serve meals according to the kitchen/camp expectations.
- Sort, store, and distribute ingredients as required.
- Set up and break down dining hall tables.
- Assist in food storage and leftovers at the proper temperatures.
- Wash all dishes, serving dishes, utensils, and kitchen linens according to regulated washing methods and temperatures. Ensure appropriate storage of equipment at the end of each meal.
- Maintain current knowledge of any camper allergies and dietary restrictions.
- Abide by GSHPA code of conduct, rules, and expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- ServSafe Certification (or ability to obtain).
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Minimum one year of kitchen experience preferred.
- Attend and complete pre-camp trainings.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Ability to live and work in the outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to walk over uneven terrain.
- Ability to adapt well to changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Ability to work with diverse populations in a group setting.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to pass required background checks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
2 positions available
Please visit our Camp Jobs Center (https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=9619156f-ff81-4572-910e-eae0156e4384&ccId=9200441040155_2&lang=en_US) to review job descriptions and apply for any positions you're interested in. We recommend using the Chrome browser on your desktop/laptop computer for best results.