As Kitchen Manager at Buffalo Cove Outdoor Education Center, you are the cornerstone of our program. We take great pride in providing healthy food with only the best ingredients. You will be in charge of our simple, but efficient, kitchen to prepare meals for 20-30 people at a time. You also are interacting with our campers as a role model, and sometimes a teacher, so a love and comfort with children is a must. In the spring and fall (April - May & September - October) you will be cooking 3 days a week (most weeks) for programs. June - August is our busiest time. You can expect cooking 50 - 60 days for summer camps. There is time off between sessions and while participants are out of camp on expeditions. We focus on Whole, Natural, Organic and Local foods to build the structure of our menus.
Desire to network with local farmers to purchase local produce and meats is a must! We also make these choices and lessons part of our dining experience . . . . we want to campers ot know where their food is coming from!
This position is typically a one person job in the Spring and Fall, but partners are welcome to apply. There is flexibility in having two people manage the kitchen. There will be 2 cooks in the kitchen during summer program sessions.
- a comfort with organizing and managing a 1-2 person kitchen -- cooking for 30 folks
- experience with whole foods, complete nutrition and fresh ingredients
- ability to manage a budget and record spending
- willingness to cook and live (while camp is in session) in a wilderness camp setting
- comfort interacting, and working, with children 8 - 18 years old.
Available until filled
Please email a letter of interest and resume to supplied email address