Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) seeks qualified applicants to help facilitate life-changing experiences for our students as Logistics Coordinators at our wilderness bases. Working with other staff, Logistics Coordinators manage the logistical preparation for our courses, build rapport with students, facilitate course functions, and maintain the logistical systems at our basecamps. For those looking to gain more outdoor education experience, this position can be a great stepping stone towards other field staff positions at NWOBS, but we fully welcome those who are solely interested in logistics work!
We are seeking committed staff to attend May trainings and work courses from June to August/September.
We have two basecamps: Odin Falls (Redmond, Oregon) and Mazama (Mazama, Washington). You may indicate a preference for working at either basecamp, both of which provide great access to the rugged yet beautiful mountains and waters of the Pacific Northwest.
Both of our basecamps are located next to rivers, climbing areas (ie: Smith Rock), and Cascade mountains and are full of outdoor-oriented staff. This position is great for someone who likes to spend time in the natural world and/or recreating outdoors.
Applications open November 1st. Interviews begin in December. Work offers announced January-February. Training begins in early May.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, motivation, initiative, follow through, and commitment.
- Strong personal motivation, initiative, commitment, follow through, and passion for the NWOBS mission.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification current or able to acquire prior to beginning work (Wilderness First Aid preferred).
- 21 years or older
- Background clearance
- Successful completion of training (tuition-free, 15 to 30 days in length)
* See job description for complete responsibilities and requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting rate is $65 day with ability to advance in pay scale after training and promotions.
- Meals and rustic housing (with close access to shower, laundry, wireless internet, and kitchen) are provided for the duration of the seasonal contract
About Northwest Outward Bound School
With over 50 years of innovation in experiential and outdoor education in the Pacific Northwest, Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) continues to change lives through challenge and discovery. Our transformative and educational wilderness courses are set in some of the most dramatic and stunning parts of the United States. NWOBS was founded in 1965 and facilitates wilderness-based programs in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and also serves urban youth and schools in the Portland metropolitan area. As an Outward Bound school, we are committed to the core values of compassion, integrity, excellence, equity, inclusion and diversity, and strive to achieve the following outcomes: building character, developing leadership skills, and creating an ethic of social and environmental responsibility.