We are a not-for-profit program of the Boy Scouts of America, Western Los Angeles County Council. We strive to provide high quality outdoor learning, while providing opportunities for character development and personal growth. Our students come from public, private, charter, and homeschool organizations. We serve students in grades 5th through 12th every Spring and Fall.
- Lead students in 3, 4, or 5-day outdoor education field trips.
- Teach marine science, earth science, kayaking, Stand Up Paddleboard, snorkeling, leadership, and team building.
- Hourly salary is $14.25 per hour
- Residential accommodations and serviced meals
- Access to world class waterfront
- Use of facilities and recreational equipment during off hours
- College degree in environmental education, outdoor recreation, natural sciences, or related field.
- Previous experience working with youth in outdoor setting.
- Ability to pass provided lifeguard certification training, first aid/CPR training, and Youth Protection training.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and in a group.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Ability to pass background check.
This is a seasonal position:
Spring season runs from March 9 - June 5, 2020
Fall season runs from August 17 – November 20, 2020