Outdoor Education Instructor
Dates: March 30 - June 5, 2020
Under the direction of the Outdoor Education Director, Outdoor Education Instructors will teach outdoor education classes, develop curriculum, perform organization tasks, communicate with schools and school leaders, and assist in any projects or tasks that better the Outdoor Education Program. You can choose to live on-grounds or off-grounds.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
You must be at least 18 years old
Participate in Outdoor Education training.
- Have experience and enjoy working with children.
- Possess a passion for or an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Education, Science, Environmental Studies, Biology, or similar area of study.
- Ability to work as a team member and coordinate with other staff in contributing to the goals of the program
- Possess and maintain certification in CPR and Wilderness First Aid.
- Be able to carry up to 40 pounds and hike up to 6 miles on uneven terrain each day.
- Plan, develop, and implement curriculum and activities to build on the current curriculum
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $270.00/week (on-grounds) or $12/hour (off-grounds with no room & board), with employee perks including:
Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free WiFi and no bills!)
- Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
- Other employee perks and discounts, including:
- Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
- 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic Cafe, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
- Discounts at local merchants
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
March 30 - June 5, 2020