Outdoor Education Instructor
Why Join Pali Institute!
Share your passion for the outdoors with students from all over Southern California, Nevada, and Arizona. Our program is WASC and AEOE accredited and works with students in the 4th-12th grades. You will lead children on hikes, rope courses, zip line racing, bottle rocket building and more! Enjoy the camp community with an educational purpose as you join other like-minded individuals teaching the next generation of Outdoor Enthusiast!
New & Improved Total Compensation Package from $955-$1000 a week!
- Pay dependent on level of education.
- Compensation includes pay estimated at 4 nights in cabin.
- Weekly Pay averages between $600-$645 per week.
- Housing, utilities, and other paid amenities also included.
Travel stipends available for anyone traveling from out of state, driving or flying. Restrictions apply.
Build a Future with Pali
- Trainings for Ropes Leads, and School Leads available your first season.
- These positions include a $10-$40 pay raise.
- Senior Instructor and Leadership positions available after completion of 1 Season.
- These positions include a $280-$325 per week pay raise.
Instructors Role at Pali:
- Safety of children while teaching outdoor education, science, and leadership classes.
- Both co-teaching and solo teaching off an accredited lesson plan.
- In-cabin overnight with up to 11 children 2-4 nights a week.
- Group management of cabin during down time including games of gaga ball, hikes, and tons of other camp games!
Hours and Start Date:
- Full-time seasonal position
- Start Dates:
- End Dates:
All Instructors Must:
- Be over the age of 21 before the season starts.
- Have prior experience working with children. (Preferably in grades 4th-12th.)
- Possess ability to work in a team environment with 100+ other staff.
- Be flexible and adjust to changes quickly.
- Have ability to handle concerns and issues in a constructive manner.
- Work as both cabin instructors and field instructors.
- Typical week requires 2-4 overnights in cabin with students.
Our Top Instructors Are:
- Experienced in the camping and/or experiential education fields.
- Able to have fun with kids, laugh at yourself and be silly!
- Passionate about Science, Outdoor Education and/or Leadership Development.
- Comfortable and confident teaching and instruction small and large groups of students.
- Willing to learn and grow through constructive feedback, in a timely manner.
Perks to the Job:
- Working with awesome, like-minded people!!
- Off-Site Housing accommodations included for out-of-cabin and off-hours use.
- Housing includes utilities, Wi-Fi, furnishings, and streaming access.
- Get paid for up to 8 hours of volunteering with a non-profit organization of your choice.
- Pro Deals from companies like Prana, Black Dimond and more.
- Partial education reimbursement for any classes or courses completed while at Pali.
- Living in Southern California- Easy access to beaches, theme parks, national parks, and tons of local outdoor recreation.
- Private on-site Lounge for Instructors with cozy couches, internet access and Netflix.
- Hours here can count towards your educational degree teaching hours.
- $250 referral bonuses available.
- 50% off healthcare covered after 60 days.
Apply with us today to learn more!
Link to explore more about our program and position