Rock Climbing Instructor
Spend a summer in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains of West Virginia. Gain leadership experience in a fantastic location surrounded by world-class rock climbing opportunities. We are seeking a qualified individual to lead our summer rock climbing program. We facilitate top rope climbing experiences for small groups at Seneca Rocks and other nearby climbing areas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setting up, belaying, and supervising top rope climbing sites on camp property and off site at Seneca Rocks and other locations.
- Supervising groups of youth on off-site trips.
- Driving camp vehicles (including 15 passenger vans) with equipment trailers to and from climbing locations.
- Maintenance, daily inspection, and logging of rock climbing hardware, ropes, helmets, harnesses, and other equipment.
- Supervise and assist with staff training in belay certification and other skills training sessions.
- Utilize adventure programming as a method for teaching life skills, goal setting, team building, challenge by choice, and personal development.
- Minimum 1-2 years with top rope outdoor climbing sites.
- Resume showing personal and professional rock climbing and/or ropes course experience.
- Positive attitude and desire to impact people in skill and personal development.
- Must be 21 years or older with a clean driving record and valid US Driver’s license.
Competitive Salary, housing, meals, internet access and laundry provided. Time off to explore the Allegheny Highlands on your own. A fun and rewarding summer experience!
Summer: June 1 - August 15, 2021