Seasonal Outdoor Education Facilitators
Join Our Team!
Positive Adventures, LLC has been providing premier Outdoor Education programs in Southern California for over 15 years. Our family-owned company is leading the way in professionalism, industry standards, and risk management. Positive Adventures is born with an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong commitment to our community and volunteerism.
Positive Adventures outdoor educators use the outdoors to inspire health and wellness in youth across California. Our programs focus on learning new skills and expanding individual’s awareness of self and others through Emotional Intelligence education. Be a part of a team that is making a difference in our world by teaching youth invaluable skills for their future!
Positive Adventures hires Outdoor Education Facilitators to support our Spring and Fall Outdoor Education Seasons. Each Program is generally 3-5 days in length and takes place in a variety of world-class settings including national parks, mountain retreat centers, Joshua Tree camping, Santa Barbara beaches and more. We offer basecamp and backcountry programs working with students ranging from 5th to 12th grade. Students come from a large variety of diverse backgrounds. Be part of a team that is making a difference by getting youth outdoors!
Work Season Overview:
Summer Camp – June to August 2021
Fall Season – August 9th to November 7th, 2021
We have multiple trips each week!
Staff Training (Idyllwild or Big Bear):
August 10th-13th Mandatory for the Fall season
Locations for Programs
- Residential or Basecamp in Big Bear
- Residential or Basecamp in Idyllwild
- Residential on Catalina Island
- Residential in Santa Barbara
- Basecamp in Yosemite
- Basecamp in Joshua Tree
- Residential Surf Camp San Diego
- Backcountry High Sierra (WFR Req.)
- Backcountry Glen Canyon (WFR Req.)
- Backcountry Havasupai (WFR Req.)
- Facilitate groups of 13-15 students through multi-activity OE curriculum in the residential camp and basecamp settings.
- Ability to facilitate team-building initiatives, group games, ice breakers, and warm-up activities. Training provided. Prior experience is a plus.
- Manage the risk involved with OE programs including group management, activity-specific risks, and emotional and social boundaries.
- Manage belay stations effectively in both the ropes course and top-rope rock climbing site environments. Training provided. Prior experience is a plus.
- Lead groups through activity rotations such as high ropes course, scrambling and hiking, environmental education hikes and lessons, low ropes team building. Night adaptation and astronomy. Training provided. Prior experience is a plus.
- Current First Aid/CPR
- WFR or WEMT preferred
- 2 years of experience working in the outdoor education field with youth.
- Proficient skills in the following: group facilitation, team-building initiatives and games, belaying, ropes courses, risk management, environmental education and interpretation, ecology and natural history.
- Excellent communication, leadership and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to manage youth groups.
- Reliable mode of transportation (carpool options avail) and cell phone.
- Availability to attend one of our paid trainings.
- Ability to pass a background check/live scan.
Step 1: If you have an interest in a position at Positive Adventures, we would love to hear from you! Please fill out the following application. This will serve as an informal 1st interview.
Step 2: Once you have submitted the application, please send your cover letter, resume, and a 1-minute video introducing yourself to our team and telling us a little bit about your life, passions, and fun adventures to [email protected]