Therapeutic Mentor - Individualized Trauma Support & Adventure Therapy Program
Hiring immediately! Considering candidates with OPEN AVAILABILITY who can work a combination of day (8 AM - 6 PM) and overnight (6 PM - 8 AM) hours. Applicants with Flexible Weekend and Overnight Availability are Preferred. Option to be a Live-In Staff with a Free Room at Whipporwill’s Group Residential Property Available. $11.00-$19.50 Hourly Rate.
We offer a custom approach for adults that provides clinical sophistication and one-on-one staffing. We sculpt individual treatment and support systems that are flexible and specific to the ever changing needs of each client. Created to provide custom therapy and support in a real world setting; we do not use phases, linear progression, or group therapy and work with clients that have shown little success in traditional treatment environments. One-on-one staffing allows each client to have their own daily schedule and receive personal support with emotional struggles and life skills.
Mentor staff support clients as they undergo the processes of self-discovery, empowerment, and healing. They form deep connections with clients on the basis of respect and acceptance and strive to cultivate a community conducive to both treatment and fun! The one-on-one ratio creates a space in which staff can simultaneously show empathy and challenge unhealthy patterns. Individual staffing also allows clients to practice interpersonal relationship skills in a safe environment and learn how to form healthy attachments, hold appropriate boundaries, and relate to others in a meaningful way. Mentor staff provide motivation when it is lacking, flexibility and creativity in problem solving obstacles, a non-judgmental approach toward behaviors, and the support to create and maintain positive change.
This position allows you to transform your interests in wellness and community into a meaningful career. Mentor staff provide clients with one-on-one support while role-modeling the healthy expression of emotions and appropriate behavior. They lead by example and share their passion for a balanced lifestyle. Mentors help clients learn and develop skills in culinary arts, self-care routines, outdoor recreation, mindfulness practices, social engagements, special interests, adventure excursions, budgeting, cleaning, time management, community service, school, and work. Both day (8am-6pm) and night (6pm-8am) shift hours are available for full or part time commitment.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
- Serving as a Positive Role-Model and Teaching Life Skills
- Sharing your Personal Experiences, Talents, and Interests
- Using a Non-Judgmental & Empathetic Approach when Interacting with Clients
- Providing Clients with the Highest Degree of Supervision & Support
- Learning, Understanding & Supporting Program Philosophies, Policies, and Procedures
- Communicating Ideas, Concerns & Feedback to Staff Coordinator
- Conducting Oneself in a Professional Manner with Both Clients & Staff
- Participating & Leading Individualized Outdoor Adventure Excursions
- Driving Clients in your Personal Vehicle During Each Shift
- Maintaining CPR & First Aid certifications
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
Creativity, compassion, patience, and the desire to help clients lead healthy lives are prerequisites for mentor staff. A love for the outdoors and a vigorous passion for adventure is ideal. Mentors must be able to simultaneously maintain rapport and hold firm boundaries with clients. A sense of humor and the ability to remain calm under stress and work independently are necessities. Experience working in the fields of mental health, recreation, counseling, or teaching are helpful.
1) High School Graduate or GED
3) Must complete CPR and First Aid training
4) Must pass Background Criminal Investigation
5) Clean driving record and reliable personal vehicle
We are an owner-operated company where you’re able to develop friendships within our close-knit staff family. We provide professional development through feedback and in-house trainings from which staff learn about communication skills, crisis intervention, an understanding of various mental health disorders, and other therapeutic topics.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans for Full-Time Staff
- Compensation for Mileage
- Flexible Scheduling
- 401K, HSA, FSA, EAP
- Professional Development Trainings
Program Director, Whipporwill
Applicants Required to Submit Resume & References