The Coordinator for UREC Outdoors will oversee the operations of the bike shop, bike rental fleet, cycling related programs and events, instructional programs, and adventure programs. Additional responsibilities of this position include annual reporting and the supervision of a graduate assistant and hourly/student staff. This is a two-year position funded through an outdoor industries grant that will work collaboratively with academic programs in outdoor products, services, leadership, and entrepreneurial ventures.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
· Daily operations of the UREC Outdoors full-service Bike Shop including staff, purchasing, memberships, inventory, and budget
· Management of a highly utilized bike rental fleet including hybrid bikes and full suspension mountain bikes
· Management of the UREC Tsa La Gi Bike Park
· Design, schedule, and coordinate outdoor and cycling specific events, instructional programs, and adventure trips
· Assist with operations of outdoor equipment rental center including staff, purchasing, inventory, and budget
· Maintain comprehensive participation, program, and maintenance records for reporting
· Assist with leadership and training of 20 student employees and one graduate assistant
· Positive contribution to a rapidly growing outdoor recreation and cycling focused campus culture
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
To apply, visit University of Arkansas Careers and submit by May 15, 2023. Please contact Katherine Miller, Assistant Director of UREC Outdoors at [email protected] or 479-575-6865 with questions regarding this position.