High Fives’ B.A.S.I.C.S. Program Service is designed to promote safety and awareness to sports enthusiasts of all ages B.A.S.I.C.S. 7 – ‘Snow Safety & Awareness’ addresses the critical vulnerabilities an athlete inevitably encounters when enjoying the mountains. B.A.S.I.C.S. stands for ‘Being. Aware. Safe. In. Critical. Situations.’ The documentary features professional athletes Jeremy Jones, JT Holmes, Michelle Parker, Daron Rahlves, Elyse Saugstad, Connery Lundin & more each sharing their personal perspective on why making educated and informed decisions is essential. In addition to athletes, medical professionals from CRAIG Hospital illustrate why snow safety and awareness is, and should be, a priority for all who wish to engage in mountain action sports.
The film focuses on five topics:
- Snow is Dynamic – Understand the complexities of snow conditions to remain safe on the mountain.
- Knowledge is Power – Gain insight on snow conditions and how the ever changing element impacts mountain athletes.
- Inbounds vs. Backcountry – Recognize the respective hazards/dangers of each unique environment.
- Consequences are Real – Progressing at your own rate, and the importance of making educated, safe choices on the mountain is crucial.
- Ride for Tomorrow- Snow safety is vital to a lifetime of continued activity in the mountains.