Self-braking belay device & descender for single ropes
TheGRIGRI’s self-braking function helps the belayer catch and hold a climber, making it great for working routes. Works equally well for lead climbing and toproping. Ergonomic design makes for smooth, controllable lowers. Also great for rappelling on single ropes & perfect for setting and cleaning routes.
* Self-braking system: if the rope suddenly comes under tension (e.g. in a fall), the cam pivots to pinch the rope, thus helping the belayer stop the climber’s fall
* Usage is similar to that of conventional belay devices
- giving/taking slack is done by using both hands to slide the rope through the device
- falls are held by holding the free end of the rope with the brake hand
- for lowering and rappelling, the rate of descent is controlled by the hand holding the free end of the rope (the rope is released with the handle)
* Always read instructions before use and always ask someone who knows how it works before using it.*