Gateway is dedicated to the healthy development and healing of adolescent boys. We provide a safe and nurturing environment through five integrated programs: Therapy, Academics, Community, Outdoor Education and Fitness.
With integrity and respect, we help students feel empowered and valued, build healthy relationships, make thoughtful decisions, develop life skills, become life-long learners, and achieve their personal best.
WHAT SETS GATEWAY APART
The Gateway difference comes from the purpose and intent infused in every aspect of our five integrated programs. Every interaction, activity, and experience is individualized and designed to ensure each boy’s healthy development, healing and growth. Gateway achieves this through:
- Therapy that is individualized. Gateway therapists have expertise in multiple therapeutic methodologies and techniques. Drawing from their broad knowledge base, they design thoughtful, sophisticated treatment plans to support each boy’s unique strengths and needs.
- Education that is personal. Gateway teaches to each student—not just to a curriculum. Every boy is challenged and supported within his own ability as he learns to think critically, communicate effectively, and become a life-long learner.
- Adventure that is therapeutic. Gateway’s outdoor experiential education activities safely challenge boys socially, emotionally, and physically. These adventures are a therapeutic tool to help boys push themselves, learn how to form healthy relationships, practice cooperation, and develop life skills.
- Community that is empowering. Gateway’s small, home-like environment provides the nurturing boys need to thrive and the safety to practice positive relationships. Through staff mentoring, peer interactions, group activities, and volunteer service, boys learn self-advocacy, life skills, and self-confidence.
- Fitness that is focused. Gateway boys participate in targeted exercise and deliberate physical movement in therapy, school, and their community. When movement is focused and performed at specific times, it not only improves their physical health, it also prepares the boys to learn, sparks motivation, helps regulate emotions, and enhances self-esteem.
We live in a world of relationships. And with every encounter, conversation, experience, and activity, our brains are busy processing information, either reinforcing existing neural pathways or growing new connections. What distinguishes Gateway from other residential treatment centers is our emphasis on brain-based learning and healing within the context of relationships.
We believe that by understanding what’s happening in an adolescent’s brain at this formative stage of development, we can more effectively teach to it. And by focusing on therapy that is rooted in relationships and individualized to each boy we can help him learn, grow and heal. Our therapists draw from their broad experience in clinical techniques and interventions to design sophisticated therapy that specifically addresses the needs of each boy and his family.