Adventure Sports at SUNY Adirondack is a comprehensive department offering college degrees in Adventure Sports: Leadership and Management, academic courses in adventure sports, continuing education, professional development, and experiential team building.
SUNY Adirondack Adventure Sports is a nationally recognized and comprehensive adventure education and recreation leadership center that provides an accredited degree program in Adventure Sports Leadership & Management; regional, national and international training, education, and recreation opportunities; adventure skill development and academic courses; continuing education; professional development; team building; and recreation services.
The mission of SUNY Adirondack Adventure Sports is to educate, train, and credential highly skilled and environmentally sensitive adventure education and recreation professionals; provide personal and professional development opportunities; and to support regional economic development through adventure education and recreation services.
1. To engage students in a comprehensive academic program of study designed to educate, train, and credential highly skilled adventure education and recreation professionals.
2. To enhance opportunities for the community to participate in adventure education and recreation.
3. To support regional and state organizations in their efforts to develop the Adirondack region as a destination for adventure recreation.
4. To assist regional organizations and businesses with organizational and professional development through team building and experiential training services.
5. To support regional world class adventure events and competitions.
6. To promote adventure recreation as a conduit to develop healthier individuals and enhance personal wellness.