Outdoor Youth Educator ($785 - $1175 per week) - Seattle/Kirkland
Trackers Earth is a youth organization that inspires kids to navigate real challenges. We believe they can truly contribute, developing the grit and character they need to thrive! Kids learn old-school outdoor skills: wilderness survival, farm craft, wild foraging, fishing, martial arts, boating, and more. All this in immersive camps and programs filled with epic story and adventure.
What We Do!
Starting in 2004, Trackers Earth is an organization that endeavors to serve our community, and the natural world. We offer key program scholarships to families in need, conserved hundreds of acres of wildlands where kids connect with nature, and offered essential support to the growth of other kindred outdoor education organizations. Our mission? Give kids essential knowledge, skills, and experience they need to stand up with us to help save the world!
Guide and inspire kids to learn...
- Forest Craft, Archery & Wilderness Survival
- Farm Craft, Animal Care & Wild Plants
- Mariners Craft, Fishing & Boating
- Outdoor Adventure, Kayaking & Rock Climbing
- Woodworking, Ceramics, Blacksmithing & more!
- Check Out our Summer Camps
Trackers offers both seasonal and full-time, year-round roles. Positions are limited, we encourage you to apply for a variety of options.
Coordinators teach and mentor groups of kids assisted by Leads and Interns. Teaching Coordinators have Day or Overnight options. Managing Coordinators manages a team of Teaching Coordinators.
- Lead Educator Teach kids outdoors while sharing new skills and assisting Coordinators. Required: Enthusiasm for camp education.16 years & up. $17.25-$23.25 hourly (Day or Overnight).
- Teaching Coordinator Guide kids outdoors while also managing assistant staff. Required: 1+ years Outdoor Education. 18 years & up. $785-$827 weekly (Day), $1,175 weekly (Overnight).
- Managing Coordinator Manage a team of Day Camp Coordinators. Required: 1+ years Outdoor Education, 1+ years management, CDL Class B (we help you get this). 21 years & up. $990 weekly/Seasonal.
Year-round, full-time roles with Trackers include supervisors other opportunities. Supervisors plan and prepare for break camps—managing this programming for the summer. They also teach school year mentoring programs, implementing its programming and overseeing assistant staff.
- Supervisor & Educator Manage and organize specialty teams: choose early childhood, bushcraft, farm, fishing, or outdoor adventure. Teach in school-year mentoring programs. Required: 2+ years Outdoor Education, 2+ years management, CDL Class B (we help you get this). 21 years & up. $45,760 - $51,140 yearly, PTO & full benefits.
- More Opportunities Additional opportunities include General Manager for growth regions and other aspects of the Trackers Leadership.
- Career and professional development.
- Community of mentors with exciting training in original outdoor skills.
- 25% off all Trackers Earth programs (staff only).
- Save with industry discounts and pro-deals.
- Free camp for 2 kids (Grade K-5) for Coordinator & higher!
As a seasonal educator with Trackers, you are not assigned to an officially fixed worksite.
- Leads Meets at field site. With free shuttle usually available from Check-In/Check-Out location.
- Interns, Coordinators & Supervisors Meets morning or afternoon at Check-In/Check-Out locations.
Since 2004, kids and extended families in all their forms have journeyed on adventures with Trackers Earth and our Guides. We share the Arts of Tracking through stewardship and enduring outdoor skills. We commit to developing opportunity by respecting the diverse cultures and values of every Guide, youth, and family serving with us. We endeavor to grow with families for the increased accessibility of these experiences. We define ourselves by an ever deeper kinship to the more than human world, multi-generational character, and the principles discovered and found in the quietest moments with the forest.
Learn More or Apply @ https://seattle.trackersearth.com/camp-jobs