Do you want to help us make common sense common again?
Are you ready to be a part one of the most unconventional yet effective teams in outdoor education and beyond? Trackers Earth is looking for adventurous and resourceful people to join our team as a Summer Camp Guide or Coordinator. We need resilient and gritty individuals who thrive in outdoor environments by demonstrating exceptional strength, perseverance, and problem-solving abilities. We value candidates who can lead with charisma and strategic insight, capable of inspiring both team members and campers alike. If you’re skilled, adaptable, and looking to go beyond just a run-of-the-mill 9-to-5 job, we want to hear from you!
Skills We Teach:
- Bushcraft Skills Stealth, camouflage, field archery, bushcraft, and wilderness survival.
- Mariner Skills Fishing, boating, crawfishing, river running, and navigation.
- Farming Skills Farming, folk craft, wild plants, and homesteading.
- Strategic Skills Martial arts, paintball, role-playing games, and strategic thinking.
- Leadership Skills Leadership & service that incorporates principles of Stoicism from the Hellenistic philosophical tradition.
Why Join Us?
- Develop and hone your leadership and outdoor skills in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Be part of our A-Team that values strength, perseverance, and creativity in creating extraordinary outdoor experiences.
- Get competitive compensation working in an adventurous, action-packed environment.
- Greatly impact the lives of children, families & community by fostering care for nature, adventure & resilience.
Trackers offers both seasonal and full-time, year-round roles. Positions are limited, we encourage you to apply for a variety of options.
- Guide Mentor kids in outdoor skills, crafts & general badass capabilities. Help them to be more competent, resilient & gritty. Basecamp – $16 – $16.50 per hour / Adventure – $700 – $723 per week
- Coordinator Mentor youth as they grow to be gritty & capable. Manage guides and coordinate program safety, operations, stewardship & leadership. Day Camp – $765 – $940 per week / Overnight – $940 – $1025 per week
- Plusser This role requires over 40 years of experience in education or a skill we teach. Mentor Trackers staff, tell stories, and occasionally lead groups. $20 – $23.50 per hour.
As a guide with Trackers Earth, you play a pivotal role in shaping the experiences of our campers. Each task you undertake is crucial in fostering a safe, engaging, and enriching environment for our young adventurers.
- Strategic Leadership with Grit: Lead groups of campers Grade K-12 with unwavering confidence, even in tough situations. Your ability to stay determined and focused, especially when faced with unexpected challenges, is key.
- Resourcefulness, Charm & Resilience: Represent Trackers Earth to Guardians, campers, and the public with not just excellent communication and networking skills, but also the resilience to overcome obstacles and bounce back from setbacks.
- Technical Proficiency & Problem-Solving: Your role involves handling various outdoor activities and gear. Maintenance and cleanliness is essential. Quick thinking and resilience in addressing operational or technical challenges are vital.
- Creative & Resilient Problem-Solving: Bring a blend of creativity, energy, and an unyielding spirit to our team. Your innovative and steadfast approach will be crucial in creating quality, action-packed experiences and adventures for youth.
- Engaging Communication & Education: Your responsibilities involve inspiring, educating, and leading with strength and compassion. Effectively communicate and educate on a variety of subjects, from environmental stewardship to historical lore, ensuring that learning is both fun and impactful for all age groups.
Guiding with Trackers demands a unique blend of physical prowess, mental agility, specialized skills, and a passion for youth education in dynamic environments.
- Situational Awareness, Strategic Thinking & Problem-Solving: Ideal candidates have excelled in roles requiring quick decision-making and adaptability, such as coordinating emergency responses or leading expeditions in unpredictable environments.
- Capable in Intensive, Unpredictable Environments: You can bring order to chaos, finding creative solutions in uncertainty, and maintaining focus under pressure. This skill is often developed in environments like military service or fast-paced food-service industries.
- Readiness for Action: You can meet the physical demands of navigating rugged wilderness and urban settings. This may include walking 10K-20K steps in intense weather conditions. Experience in roles such as athletics or outdoor guiding is beneficial.
- Specialized Skills: We value unique skills that enhance our outdoor experiences. Whether it’s archaeology expertise, tactical skills from a military background, or niche talents like sled dog racing, your skills can significantly contribute to our programs.
- Ability to Work with All Ages of Kids: A crucial trait is the ability to engage and educate children from Kindergarten to High School. This involves adaptability and tailoring communication and activities to various age groups. Experience in teaching or related fields is highly valuable.
Program educators are not assigned to a fixed worksite. You must have reliable transportation to be able to report to any of our locations in SE Portland, NE Portland, W Portland, and Sandy, Oregon.
Trackers Earth is a youth organization that strives to help kids grow. We need them to build real wilderness survival skills for readiness, caretaking, grit, and team leadership. You’re an educator who operates independently while also being excited to work towards a greater team and goal.