Montana Wilderness School
The Montana Wilderness School is a 501(c)3 nonprofit outdoor education organization based in Bozeman, Montana. The MWS Youth Wilderness Program provides multi-week empowering wilderness courses to students 14-18 years old that foster personal growth, teamwork, and leadership skills, while cultivating a conservation ethic connecting youth with public lands and wilderness areas through outdoor education.
MWS is an experiential education school and we have our own "Wild Ecology" curricula that is place-based and focused on the specific conservation challenges in the Western United States. The impact our Youth Wilderness Program makes in the community both locally and nationally is instilling a sense of pride, understanding and involvement with conservation, access to public lands, and preservation of wild spaces while at the same time fostering teamwork, compassion, individuality, communication, and preparing youth to be successful in our diverse interconnected society.
MWS Specific Learning Goals:
- A goal-oriented multi-week backcountry expedition in beautiful MONTANA!
- Building and supporting a rich and diverse community
- Personal Growth and Character Development
- Team Building and Leadership Experience
- Technical skill competency in backpacking, mountaineering, rock climbing, packrafting, horsepacking, fly fishing and canoeing (specific to each course)
- Wilderness First Aid Certification (for specific courses)
- Public land stewardship
- Greater Montana-specific conservation issues identification and analysis
For the summer of 2019, we are offering 10 unique and adventurous open-enrollment expeditions. We are also running additional expeditionary contract courses throughout the summer. Please visit our website for all course information.
MWS is currently hiring an Operations Manager, seasonal field staff and field interns for the summer 2019 season. See Links below:
All jobs are open until filled.
Jobs from this Company
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6
Trainings by this Company
Program Director: Josh Olsen