The Outdoor Pursuits program offers a wide range of outdoor recreation and skill-building activities for students. Professional and student staff members guide trips such as rock climbing, kayaking, backcountry skiing/riding, avalanche safety training, backpacking, mountaineering, peak climbing, and mountain biking. Outdoor Pursuits can also provide maps, expert advice, reading material, and other resources to plan individual adventures. Additionally, Outdoor Pursuits oversees the management and operation of the climbing wall and challenge course. Use of outdoor equipment is available by reservation for a modest semester user fee. Outdoor Pursuits also houses extensive professional bicycle repair and ski/board tuning benches.
Outdoor Pursuits Mission
Outdoor Pursuits will strive to be an influential component to the development of student’s outdoor skills, interpersonal relationships and environmental literacy.
Outdoor Pursuits Goals
- To use the outdoors to promote beneficial learning experiences for the CSU-Pueblo campus and surrounding community.
- Promote “hands-on” learning through experiential education.
- Provide opportunities to gain leadership skills and self-competence through trainings and positions of responsibility.
- To provide quality equipment for all outdoor pursuits related to the outdoor Pursuits.
- To be a student ran organization for the office of student life.
- Facilitate a challenge by choice environment.
- To foster a stewardship with the environment